The Top 5 Learning Trends identified in a global learning & talent management survey by Masie in May, 2012:
1. Leadership Development
2. On the job Training/Learning
3. eLearning Trends
4. Social & Collaborative Learning
5. Video Learning Segments (using our blog and video interviews with thought leaders in the CPA Profession)
Here is how we are working with our learning leaders to address these major trends. It starts with our philosophy about L > C, that in a period of rapid change and increasing complexity, the winners will be those individual and organizations whose rate of learning can be greater than the rate of change (and that of their competition).
So what does this mean for CPAs and the people charged with keeping their L>C?
At BLI we are the Trusted Advisers to the Trusted Adviser of the Trusted Advisers. That is our team advises the top learning leaders in the CPA Profession who in turn advise the CPAs and CPA Firms (Trusted Advisers to the Truusted Advisers of the Trusted Advisers).
We have achieved this role through our work in the Profession and in the learning and association communities. We are scanning the rapidly changing environments of the CPA Profession, leadership, strategy, technology and learning to enhance your ability to turn these insights into action. We collaborate with our clients, our thought leaders, and our strategic partners to bring you up to the minute trends and techniques to keep your L>C.
We do this through our leadership at the highest levels of the CPA Profession like our role in creating a future for the Profession in 2025 with the CPA Horizons project, our strategic planning experience with the Top 100 CPA firms and many AICPA committees, our experience as the largest provider of customized on-site training in the CPA Profession (to both firms and Fortune 500 finance teams), our success with the AICPA Leadership Academy, and our development of a curriculum based on competencies identified in research for the future skill sets needed by CPAs at our Business Learning Institute.
We find that the key to keeping your L > C is the five C's:
- Competency – Building a competency approach that goes beyond technical skills and is linked to firm strategy – see our approach we call The Bounce here.
- Career Paths – Connecting your people to how they will advance in your organization and matching skills to these levels - see the Guide to the Bounce here
- Continuous Learning – JIT or Just In Time learning capabilities that allow learners to take responsibility for their own learning at the direction of the firm - we have an entire curriculum of on-demand courses focused on the "success skills" and leadership proficiences here
- Collaboration (including social learning) - The experience curve is being replaced by the collaboration curve. We use the "wisdom of the crowd" to help your team connect and collaborate better in their learning experiences with new tools to make learning that matters stick. At BLI we are leading the CPA Profession with the use of collaboration tools and techniques (for an example see this post and this preso on social learning)
- Culture - The latest word is that culture (winning cultures) trumps strategy. New concepts from the latest research on work/life integration, engagement, and employee happiness are opportunities for learning leaders to take a lead role in driving corporate culture through learning programs (See The Top Two Questions Top Talent Wants to Know Now).
Taken together, these five C's work to amplify the speed and agility of the firm turning the flywheel of strategy and results.
- Listen to our "top gun" instructors tell you "Why BLI"
- Check out our succint BLI Live learnig clips from BLI thought leaders
- Upcoming "public courses, conferences & webcasts" from BLI here
- Download our catalog Download BLI Catalog - 2013 and contact us (email@example.com) if you want to design a curriculum to maximize the career trajectories of your team!