There are green shoots of recovery sprouting up around us. Recent research indicates that organizations are moving beyond a focus on cost-cutting and starting to prepare for a rebound.
The leading organizations are starting to plan for how they will thrive in the "new normal" by developing organizational development plans.
Here are the eight (8) benefits of building an organizational development plan:
- Execute organizational strategy
- Risk management
- Maintain legal & regulatory compliance
- Expand scope & quality of services provided
- Aid & preparing employees for future assignments
- Increase & maintain professional competence
- Increase & maintain technical competence
- Assist in the recruitment & retention of desirable personnel
And the five steps you should be doing to build your plan:
- Align your learning & development plan with the strategies and priorities of your organization (chances are they are changing).
- Assess your talent - start with the most critical functions first (We are seeing a lot of focus on innovation, market & business development, and consultative sales skills)
- Develop the plan
- Implement the plan
- Monitor your results, learn and make changes, and communicate.
See our customized learning center for a strategic curriculum you can bring in-house to your organization.
Here is a template (in a pdf form) of a mindmap that you can use Download Development Plan - Organizational (Just click on the + at end of branches to see all the content).
See post over at CPA Success - There's a map for that
If you are interested in using this, you can order it and lots of other templates for CPAs from Mindjet - The Mindmanager CPA edition (put in the code MACPA and get a 10% discount). Mindjet Mindmanager CPA Edition was developed by CPAs for CPAs and finance people. Templates were developed collaboratively with the Mindjet team and CPA subject matter experts from the Maryland Association of CPAs and the Business Learning Institute.